September 4, 2009 – Today is Eat Atlantic Day. Did you know that?? I am doing not too bad with some locally made muffins, some local produce and tonight’s menu is going to be a pasta dish (pasta which is not local – fail) with local tomatoes, basil and portobella mushrooms. Obviously my store is all about local even though Canada is our boundary. What I rarely feature or talk of is our selection of local musical selections. True you can pick up CD’s at concerts but if you are like me, you are going out as much as you used to (read: more obligations not a lack of desire). But now if you hear a tune at Love, Me or on CBC or wherever you can now pick up some local favorites. (Kev Corbett just dropped of CD’s – yah! – and that is what spurned this discussion. So tonight after the local supper is eaten, the dishes are done and the kidlets/pets/parents are put to bed, check out some of these sweet local treats:
- Christina Martin – sweet acoustic songstress
- Tanya Davis – delicious poetess
- Kev Corbett – rockin’ folk
- Tom Swift – rootsy bluesy folky goodness
- Mary Stewart – gorgeousness *playing here night of Nocturne!
- David Bradshaw – more rootsy bluesy folky goodness
We also have been known to carry Gypsophilia but are out currently. Watch for the return.
Happy listening everyone.