February 12, 2010 – I’m sure you have a t-shirt hanging out in back of a drawer. You never wear it, but you can’t bear to part with it. Or maybe you have a t-shirt that you continue to wear long past it’s best before date and your family hates the holey, threadbare thing. But that t-shirt has memories, so you can’t just throw it out.
Well, this is your chance to give that t-shirt a new lease on life with our 2nd Annual T’s Event. Just look at what local artists did last year to t-shirts that were too large, outdated, ignored:
Here’s the Love, Me T’s Event Rundown:
- Dig out that perfectly worn tshirt with a stain down the front or the tshirt that is the perfect colour but has a hideous logo on it or the tshirt that is way too big or unshapely. Bring your t-shirt, submission form, & your t’s fee* to Love, Me by Friday, March 5th.
- Wait. Wait. Dream of your new shirt. Wait.
Meanwhile in an artists’ studio nearby, your tshirt is being transformed by a local designer. Oooh. Aaaah.
- The transformed tees will be on display at Love, Me from April 20 – April 24 (Just in time for the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day on April 22nd)
- You’ll be able to pick up your tshirt after April 27th.
- Wear it and be proud. You now own a completely one-of-a-kind T!
* The cost to participate in this event is $45 (CASH ONLY!)