Almost one month ago, an 8.9 magnitude earthquake rocked Japan creating powerful tremors and a devastating tsunami. Worldwide people have been stunned by the photos and videos and felt a deep sadness in their hearts for the people of Japan.
A few days after the tsunami I had a meeting with Megan LeForte of Stella Polaris Studios. (Yes she is also the jeweller who will be having a Mother’s Day trunk show/Design-Your-Mom Jewellery event here at the shop on April 16.) She had come in to drop off her gorgeous Swarovski crystal jewellery collection made specifically for Love, Me. We talked about this current event and talked about what can be done. Megan took action. “I want to do something. I need to do something.” Within minutes of us meeting over her collection she had already decided she would design a red Swarovski crystal cluster necklace and matching earrings to be auctioned off via herself and Love, Me.
The Jewels for Japan Swarovski Crystal Earring & Necklace Set
Silent Bid Auction Price Begins at $60
Hearts for Japan Silent Bid will work like this:
- The Silent Auction bid begins at $60.
- To place a bid of $60 or more you must email firstname.lastname@example.org with Jewels for Japan in the subject line and your bid & contact info in the body of the email. (i.e. Jim Slim, 123 Peanut Lane, Halifax, NS, B4R 5G8, 902-123-4567; $100 bid)
- Bidding begins one month after the tsunami – April 11, 2011 and continues for one week (until the 18th of April).
- The winning bid must pay Love, Me Boutique for the item before receiving the goods.
- All monies received will be giving to the Canadian Red Cross.
Aftershocks are continuing to be felt in Japan. They could really use any and all help. If you are feeling like you would like to do something, consider this auction. Keep the bling for yourself or give it away to your mom or a girlfriend.
Photographed on the poem “A Collage of Seasons for a Grieving Widow” from The True Names of Birds by Susan Goyette.
(We have two of Sue’s poetry collections at the shop.)